Monday, September 1, 2008

HIV and WALAMELON?

Here's something to chew on. Around Vanessa's table, there's always food to eat. Just about anything you want, you can get. If your hungry, go to Vanessa's house where she's always ready to feed your face until you just about pop!

It's no secret to anyone, because I always "out" it, I have HIV. My mom freaked out when she saw that my 4 month old niece was sucking on my finger. We, who are educated, know that you can't catch it that that way. Nothing against my mom, she just did not know any better! Hopefully she's done some research on her computer, instead of just goofing off. But, again, I love it when she goofs off! I usually get a laugh out of it!

Well, around the "table," as I said, there's food, something to drink, and oh, did I mention food? We eat after each other. We use one another's eating utensils. My point is, people eat after me, eat with my fork, drink out of my glass, and not a soul is worried about catching HIV. They know better. Most of them are in the health care profession, and they know. It used to freak me out, but now it makes me feel warm inside. These people are my family and they know I wouldn't do anything that would put their lives in danger. It seems like this weekend, we've done nothing but eat! But I digress...

Vanessa was on the bus a couple of days ago and, I assume, 3 woman of colour got onto the bus after her. The youngest was a little girl. She was being taught how a young lady crosses her legs avoiding having people looking up her dress. Well, this little child was worried that he "walamelon," as she called it, would get loose. And it did, slamming to the front of the bus.

Okay, Vanessa is a woman of colour too. She, like the rest of the well educated world, can not stand the way people talk in their slang. White people that that talk like trailer trash makes me cringe. But I have a lot of black friends, educated black friends, and when they hear their own race speak in, what they call, "getto slang," it just goes right thru them. Vanessa's not alone in this feeling.

She's telling the "table" about her experience on the bus with the watermelon! We were laughing so hard, I peed on myself, Jasmine was crying, and Vanessa was disgusted. I swear, some of the things we talk about, will curl your hair. You must be thick skinned around us because your feelings will get hurt! I pray I haven't hurt her in writing this, but it was just too funny! We're still talking about it, and its still freaking funny! To hear Vanessa going on and on about a loose "walamelon" on the bus, my Goddess, I'm crying now!

No comments: