Thursday, October 8, 2009

COLD!

Well, here we are with the taste of summer still lingering in our minds, replaced with visions of freezing temps, coats, scarves, warm socks, hoodies, long sleeves, flannel, wool, beanies, mittens, gloves, and leather. How cruel Mother Nature can be when she puts her mind to it.

Today has been raining on and off, fighting like hell a sinus infection I probably picked up on the EL. Tomorrow, being Friday, more of the same in the morning, but rain will cease in the afternoon. Clouds will remain, says forecasters. And I, like a jackass, will go to work and act like nothing's wrong with me. But, I'm not contagious!

Saturday' s low is going to be 30 degrees. 30 DEGREES IN OCTOBER??? What is this place, Siberia? What the hell did I sign up for when I did it on the dotted line? I thought, Chicago...

Chicago, a land of opportunity. A place where you can be who ever you want to be. Be, anything you want. Sun always shining! (Like hell!) I have become something I would have never dreamed about, in Dallas. Member of the Board of Directors, maybe, at the place I call "my home away from home." 2 Leather titles, and 1 more in the making. Most of all, Ron and I are back together!

He still gets on my last nerve. Talking thru my favorite TV show. Snoring at the top of his lungs when you don't feel good and even when you do. But, no relationship is perfect. I do know that he will be there if anything should go terribly wrong with my health. More than I can say for the rest of the doofusses I've been parading in and out of Vanessa's house, since I moved here. A real pack of goofballs. But, I learned from each one of them.

Staying with someone just because he will be there, I know is not a reason to stay with them. It goes much deeper than that with us. I was explaining it the other day. We have history together. I'm at the point in my life when I don't want to try again. And, I'm not "settling" if that's what you're thinking. Even tho we don't act like it, we both love each other deeply. I know if I needed a kidney, he'd be getting himself tested. He actually told me, when we returned from Indianapolis, that he was proud of me. I wanted to hear those words come out of his mouth for years now!

Well, it's Friday and the weatherman was incorrect, again. Its been pouring all morning, and by the looks of it, the clouds and rain are here to stay the day! I'm in a hoodie, to keep what few hairs on my head dry, and a trench coat over that to keep the rest of me dry and toasty. Welcome to the Big C!

COLD! Its 48 degrees at 2:13 in the afternoon. My Weather Bug says its gonna be in the mid 30's tonight. Where did my summer go? Summer, you know, time for back yard or back porch barbecues, swimming in Lake Michigan, well that's questionable, laughter, outdoor parties, bond fires, marshmallows, fireworks out by the lake causing the sky to light up like Jacob's coat. Biking on the trails beside the lake, tennis, softball, baseball, Go Cubs, (whispering Go Sox), soccer, laying out, movies in the park, Lightning Bugs, even mosquitoes. Where have they all gone? Did I just fall asleep and miss it? Kinda like Rip Van Winkle's slumber? I guess its possible, but to sleep thru a whole season? Tell me this is all an illusion.

Sadly, the Bears are playing football, and reality sinks in. Its not a dream. Its the changing of the seasons. And with this season comes the next. And, with the next, leaving us with dreams and hopes of a warm spring day.

Peace and Blessed Be!

No comments: