Tuesday, October 6, 2009

ITS HERE!

Sad but very true, Fall is upon us. The wind has shifted in a nasty direction, rain is falling out of the sky, like tears from a sobbing baby. And soon, the precipitation will be taking on a lighter shade of white.

I've noticed that restaurants are dragging in their outdoor tables and chairs. Citizens are bringing in their plants from their back porches and steps leading up to their front doors. The city is getting ready to hang a "Gone Ice Fishing" sign in all the windows along Clark and Halsted streets.

I've also noticed people digging in their closets and dusting off their sweaters, which really didn't have long to stay in storage, if they even made it that far. I have had a hoodie stretched out over my foot board since spring, because it never really got that hot. It was cold in July. WE HAD NO SUMMER!

And now, here we are bracing for the worst. Winter is just about on top of us. I still haven't drug out the head gear yet, but I know in my heart, it's just a matter of time. Time? Where did the summer go???

The "Sand Nazis" are long gone. The chairs in which they monitored our beaches have since been removed. Only thing left is to dig up the beach to keep erosion down to a minimum during the winter and frozen months ahead.

Seven more months of cold. Can ya' believe it? This weather is not for the weak of heart or the brave-less companion of fear. Here, I'm still spring cleaning, and now it's time to close the windows, barricade the doors, and hang my own sign "Closed for the Winter! GO AWAY!!!"

And on that lovely note, I need to bundle up, brave the cold, wind, and rain, making my way home as swiftly as I can!

Peace and
Blessed Be!

No comments: