Saturday, August 23, 2008

Lincoln Park Zoo

Steve, another zany member of the "Table," took us, Vanessa, Judith, and myself, a late birthday celebration for Lady V, to the zoo for a Soul Asylum concert, which was fantastic last night. The only thing wrong, was poor Lady V, struggling with her cane and people standing with huge, donkey asses right in front of us, blocking the view of the stage. I had to step in a couple of times to ask the party-goers to step aside so the lady sitting down could see. That worked for a little bit, but then these crazy str8 people, without a single conscience between all of them, kept crouching closer to us. It got to the point where crazy V threw her cane at 1 of them. The ditsy girl promptly turned around, picked it up and handed it back to Vanessa. "Stupid girl, that was meant for your ass, not the ground. V's just a bad shot."

All in all Vanessa bitched, which I took as a good sign. It made me feel good to see her get mad!You see, since she's been down in her back, she hasn't bitched about a thing. When asked how she's feeling, she kind of shrugged it off. But now, 'Hell hath no furry than a girl that is feeling better!' Go get 'em V!!!

Oh, and then Lady V spotted a "queen" that waits outside, everyday, with her, for the bus to come home from work. Always nose in the air and stuffed like a turkey! Last evenin' was different. V caught them cruising me. The toad's partner even came over and asked if had seen me before at the Cell Block. Please! Couldn't you have come up with 1 better than that stale old line??? As the 2 approached me, V got up and walked over to me. I already knew what she was going to do. 'Kiss me,' she uttered. So I did. Cracked a lot of faces around us, especially theirs! They stayed for just a little bit, just long enogh to where V let the snobby little fag have it. It was fabulous!!!

We got home a little late. No one wanted to leave the concert and they made SA play another song. When we got home, all we heard when we came thru the gate was Ron's loud, freaking mouth hollering out obscenities telling us to be quiet, all coming from Jasmine's window. He was acting like Keith did, which was hilarious at the time, but wasn't this time. (Ron, you need to get your own material!) The poor thing had been trapped with Ron for goodness knows how long. When we arrived inside her apartment, he was his normal loud, obnoxious self and was really trying to be the center of attention. Drives me crazy. I wasn't going to last long down there!

But, Jas brought up a good point before I had to leave and take medicine, THANKSGIVING! As I wrote earlier, Jasmine, Ron, and I spent a lovely Thanksgiving with each other last year. Well, its getting close again. And this time we want the whole crew in on it. It was agreed. We will cook at our separate flats, and then join together in Jasmine's Dining room, since it is the biggest among the group, to eat! I can't wait. I haven't cooked that big, well since last Thanksgiving. This should be a hoot, tho. All of our friends together again on this special day? Man, what a kick!

Love and Peaceful Journeys,
Bear

No comments: